Today I would love to share one of my families favorite recipes with you. I call this my "No fry-fried chicken" because you get the wonderful crunch and flavor of fried chicken without all the unhealthy oils that comes with frying!
If you like your chicken EXTRA CRISPY like I do, then you will love this simple but delicious recipe.
Here are the items you will need:
(measurements are approximate)
- Chicken Thighs; (4) thawed
- Flour (2 cups)
- Original Flavor Panko Bread crumbs (2 cups)
- Salt (3 Tbls)
-Pepper (1 Tbls)
-Cajun Seasoning (2 Tbls) (optional)
This recipe serves 2 or 4 people depending on the size of your thighs.
Cook time is 1 hour
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
2. Set up your preparation station.
- Bowl 1: Beat 2 eggs.
-Bowl 2: Flour with salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning.
-Bowl 3: Panko Bread crumbs.
While your oven is heating to 400 degrees,
begin preparing your chicken. Here are the steps:
1. Dip your thigh in the first bowl coating it in a thin layer of egg.
2. Coat your chicken in the flour mixture.
3. Dip your chicken BACK INTO the egg mixture, coating it again.
4. Coat the chicken in the breadcrumbs.
This "double coating" technique is what will give your chicken its extra crispy skin!
Once you are finished coating the chicken, it should look like this:
(Tip: lightly spritz your pan or foil with your favorite cooking spray to ensure your crispy coating won't stick)
3. Bake the thighs in the oven on the center rack
at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
Here is the final product!
Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside!
This has all the great taste of fried chicken but much healthier for you than frying!